Monday, May 20, 2013

P1 Day 2 - Loading

Well my "more later" end to yesterday's post was a tad premature lol.

Yesterday ended with a 0.9 gain today, which for loading is not bad at all. My loading continues...

And what is loading (for those new to the HCG protocol)? Loading is the first phase of the HCG diet, where you eat the most caloric, fat concentrated foods you can. You're encouraged to pretty much gorge yourself past the point of comfort on all of your favorite foods in order to ensure a high fat content in your blood for your body to feed on as it acclimates to the Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) of phase 2.

I usually focus on things that are very high fat, and higher protein, as opposed to high sugar. Usually. This loading has been a bit of a mixed bag though. I'm consuming a tub of full fat sour cream each day. Yesterday I also had yogurt, and pizza, and cookies, and a jar of nutella. So, more sugar than usual.

Today, again the sour cream, some cookies (might as well finish them off), cheese, pepperoni, I've got carrots and an apple as well as I'm craving them (good sign, I like it when I crave good for you foods).

I'm also continuing with water as well, trying for 8 glasses each day.

I should note too that while loading, you are also taking the HCG (I'm doing sublingual, so that's a twice daily dosage), and you end up NOT hungry, so this loading/gorging thing is not as much fun as it sounds, you are fighting your body to eat the foods. But it's worth it once you get into phase 2. At the end of these two days, I'm more than ready for the next phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment